1921 Concord Avenue
The Beebe House was built circa 1870 as the residence of Benjamin and Fannie Beebe and their children. It was originally located about a quarter of a mile west of the town of Todos Santos (Concord) on “The Road to Pacheco”, now Concord Ave. Water for farm irrigation was raised by a windmill, and the water used by the family was stored in an adjacent Tank House. Success at farming allowed Mr. Beebe to finance the Navas and Beebe General Merchandise Store, which opened in Todos Santos in 1871. The City of Concord took temporary possession of the house in 1992, when the location was needed for expansion of Highway 242. The house was moved to 2401 Bisso Lane, where it remained until 1996, when a buyer was found and the current location selected. It has been restored and is used for commercial purposes.
Follow the map below to our next location, the Elworthy-Keller House.
Thank you for joining us in our virtual tour of historic downtown Concord.