Salvio Pacheco Adobe
1870 Adobe Street
The first permanent structure in this area was built during the 1840s as the headquarters for Don Salvio Pacheco’s 17,921 acre land grant, Rancho Monte del Diablo. The Adobe was constructed by the Miranda Brothers of Sonora, Mexico and local Indians. Don Salvio moved his family from San Jose, California, into the eight-room two-story adobe in 1846. It remained in the family until the early 1930s. Since then it has been restored and remodeled several times. The building has served as a restaurant and a bank. It is currently used by Metro One Credit Union.
Follow the map below to our next stop, the Old Fire House.